For many of us whose view of Nigeria has been formed over the past two – three decades, whose desire is to see Nigeria a great Nation, it is pertinent that we have a glimpse of what being a great Nation is like.
In this video, Sir Abubakar made an official visit to the US, He was given a State welcome, a kind of welcome we rarely see these days offered to any African Leader. Nigeria was at the time a new Nation, though rife with challenges was yet brimming with hope. I’m particularly in awe at the respect that was accorded to our nation and the high esteem by which our leaders held the Nations before the rest of the World.
Let us look back so we can look forward.
- Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa:Official visit to the US, July 25-28 1961
- A Finn’s Perspective of Nigeria (Beautiful Place, Beautiful People) PT.3
- A Finn’s Perspective of Nigeria (Beautiful Place, Beautiful People) PT.2
- A Finn’s Perspective of Nigeria (Beautiful Place, Beautiful People) PT.1
- Winning the World Cup: A Shot at National Peace
Dewunmi tweet feed